By FredS

September 16, 2015, 6:21 pm

Roll/Form Taps


Any plans to add Form/Roll taps to your reference material for inch and metric taps. We tap almost exclusively with form taps because of high percentage of blind holes at small diameters. TIA


PS Search of forum did not yield any remarks/questions about form/roll taps...hope this isn't redundant.

cant leave messages here
Pages:(1) [1]

Eldar Gerfanov (Admin)

September 17, 2015, 5:14 am


Taps are available on my paid apps like HSMAdvisor and FSWizard Mobile.

No work is being done on the online calculator at this point.



September 24, 2015, 9:50 am

Hi Eldar,

We do have your paid app (HSMAdvisor for life :biggrin:).

However, the reference page for taps shows info only for cut taps (unless I'm missing some sort of 'switch' somewhere on the page); so wanted to know if you would be adding roll or form tap info at some point. From you initial reply I'm guessing its not on your radar.

And thanks, use 'Advisor' everyday.



Eldar Gerfanov (Admin)

September 24, 2015, 4:29 pm

Ah i get it!

Yes the reference page only shows the cut taps.
But you can use the Threads page for that

It shows both types.
See the attached ScreenShot

I will see what i can do about the Reference page though.

threads.PNG threads.PNG

© 2009-2022 Eldar Gerfanov. All Rights Reserved.
© 2009 Eldar Gerfanov. Materials on this site are presented as is and are mostly for educational use.

You may freely reproduce information presented herein without any consent from me, provided you include link to this site.
In case when i am not the copyright holder, you may want to contact proper owner of material. Anyway, they are freely available on the Internet.
If you hold the copyright right for any of the materials on this site and want them removed, please contact me here