Being as vast and as complex as it is HSMAdvisor Tool Database may seem overwhelming for many users despite all the benefits of using it.
To address this issue I have just added a new category to our HSMAdvisor on-line Help resource called Tool Database & Tool Inventory
Here is a the opening article of that category:
An integral part of HSMAdvisor is its very powerful Tool and Cut Database also known as Tool Database
Tool Database allows you to not only store your tools in one convenient location sparing you the time needed to key-in your tool type, size etc.
It is very extensible and since its inception has grown both in size and functionality.
With every update the list of its features keeps growing and at present it can (among many other things) do the following:
- Store and Edit geometric Tool data, Including automatic creation of tool data from a sample tool entry.
- Store/Create/Manage Custom Tool Manufacturer Cutting data using Manufacturer Brand/Series names
- Store and Manage Tool Handling data like: Number of Tools in stock, Ordering Vendor Information, Physical location in the shop
- Set up Low Tool Stock warning levels and add tools, that are low on stock to a Request List to be ordered.
- Create and Export customizable Tool Request Orders for use in purchasing.
- Restock received tools into the Tool Database
- Attach Cutting Data (Known as just "Cuts") to tools for various cutting scenarios in different materials.
- Store complete MasterCAM Tool and ToolPath parameters for easy importing/Exporting of MC operations
- Organize Tools into Libraries
- Share a single Tool Database between many HSMAdvisor seats in real-time.
In the following articles we will describe the main functions of the Tool Database
In all there are 5 articles in there already describing many of its functions in detail.
Please check them out if you are not sure what the Tool Database does and how to use it.
And as always: when in doubt - ASK :)