- Notepad++: Absolutely Free G-Code Editor With Code Highlighting
- General Speeds and Feeds Formulas
- FSWizard is now available on iOS and Android
- Programming Efficient Peck Drilling Cycle
- Calculating cutting parameters for custom or form tooling inside HSMAdvisor
- Stylish and functional Operations and Tooling List confings for SurfCam
- Hanita Varimill II Speeds and feeds
- Calculating Tool Engagement Angle, Radial Depth of Cut
- Lessson 3: CNC Canned Cycles, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming and Boring Cycles
- FSWizard: Online CNC Machinists Calculator
- Importing HSMWorks Tool Libraries into HSMAdvisor by briankb on September 14
- Announcing HSMAdvisor 2! by Eldar Gerfanov on July 24
- Programming Efficient Peck Drilling Cycle by Nguyen Van Du on March 30
- Calculating Tool Engagement Angle, Radial Depth of Cut by Hank on January 31
- HSMAdvisor hook for MasterCAM 2018 by Eldar Gerfanov on March 8
Quite often i see people asking which text editors others use to work with their G-Code.
Some even suggest paid ones.
I am using a free general-purpose advanced text editor called Notepad++.
In fact i am using the same editor to create code for my apps too.
It is so flexible, it can recognize the language you are working with and turn on the language-specific highlighting for even the G-Code.
I have created my own Language profile for it. It is attached to this article, so everyone can download it.
Below is how you can apply this language profile to turn on g-code highlighting:
Attached file: NPPGcodeLang3.png