Infos missing in References
There are some information I would really like to have listed in the "Reference" section:
- indication that the metric clearance listed is for the "coarse" and not the "fine" variant.
- metric height of the corresponding bolts (e.g. an M5 nut is 4.0mm in height)
- metric size of the wrench needed (e.g. for an M5 you use an 8mm wrench) => needed to design hexagonal holes for the nuts
- a single line below the tap header telling what the chart is about
(e.g. for the "drill chart" "Size table for imperial drills referenced to in numbers or letters")
In Europe, I have never seen imperial drills. Nor do I know how the are named. But I do know that
you'll have a hard tome finding something exotic like a 6.25mm drill.
- a help text (offline. on the local computer. Not a link to the top-level of the "help" website)
explaining what the table is and how to use it
(I have no clue what a lot of tabs are. Especially since all my deeper geometry vocabulary is non-english.
It probably makes more sense to learned machinists instead of self-tought hobbyists.)
This forum looks like it was written from scratch.
So I don't know if it will send me an email notification in case someone replies.
My email address is Marcus@Wolschon.biz